Happy New Year, love, hugs, kisses and so on…
Towards the end of 2017 I found myself barely hanging on. I couldn’t keep up with my general life, let alone my blogging. I was finally able to take some time to myself between Christmas and New Year’s and it was WONDERFUL! During this time, I was decided to work on putting true, achievable, and realistic goals together to serve as my New Year’s resolutions. If that was not enough, I decided it would be in my best interest to put them out there, in public, to be held fully accountable. So do me a favor, will ya? Hold me accountable!
In the year 2018, I resolve myself to:
- Make myself and my self care a priority. I promise to give myself at least 1 hour a week of ME time. Bubble bath and Norah Jones, glass of wine and a good book, or even just a walk around the block, BY MYSELF. The possibilities are endless.
- Be a more patient, supportive, and Godly wife. I’ll admit, this year was tough. I tried my best to be selfless and supportive in my husband’s career change, but there were times I fell short.
- Be patient in general. I am a perfectionist. I am a type A, control freak. I am a woman who must have everything just so. When things do not go my way, I lose my patience.
- Focus on my health and fitness. I will make meal plans and stick to them. I will be mindful of what I eat AND drink. I will not start a bogus diet and fitness regime just to give it up a week later. I will persevere.
- Budget. My husband and I have always lived below our means…until he made a career change. I resolve to maintain and monthly budget, check it often, and adjust as often as needed.
- Don’t give up on my dreams. I have big ones. I will not let life discourage me. I will achieve my goals.
- Build and strengthen my relationship with God and Jesus. Life happens. I get side tracked. But I need more than a morning devotional and nightly prayer. I want to be as close as I can be with the Lord.